Sunday, June 21, 2009

We are home!!!!! We had such a great week. It started with us being with friends of Linwood's in Gulf Shores. They were all friends from when he and Linda lived in Marion, AL. Everyone was so nice and I was glad to meet them and to hear more stories.

We then got to spend several days with Becca and her family. We had so much fun being with them and then ended the week in Bay Minette with Staci and her family. Linwood was so glad to be able to watch Lincoln play ball.

We got home today around 1:30 and found two new pictures on our kitchen counter. Staci had made a print of the picture of Linwood and me at the concert and had it framed. She also did one of the picture of her, Lindan, and Walker. What a great Daddy's Day gift it was for him.

To each of the dad's in our family we want you all to know we love you. First, because either you are our child or because our child loves you and you are the dad to our precious grandchildren. Even though Linwood did not get but 12 years with his dad, we hope to find out more about him on our trip to PA.

My dad was a special man. When I was little he let me dance around on his feet. When I was at that horrible awkward age, he still thought I was beautiful. When it was time to go to college, he made me believe I could do anything I wanted to do. When I first married, he wanted to make sure he stood as straight as he could for all the pictures. When I had children, he always wanted to make sure they had all the love he could give them. When it was time to leave this life, he wanted to make sure my mother was going to be okay. I always knew I was loved and that is what a dad is all about.

I think my Linwood is a wonderful dad and I am so proud of him. I love him on this Father's Day very much. love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment