Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 9

I forgot to tell you two stories that we heard yesterday at the orphanage. The boys and girls were kept pretty much apart. If a girl sibling was sick in the infirmary, the matron would approach her brother and say to him. "You do not look well, I think you need to check with the nurse." We thought that was so sweet. Another story was that same matron would watch the teenagers walk across the field on the way home from school (about a mile). If she saw them holding hands, the BOY would not get any dessert than night. Hum, wonder what happened to the girl?

Yesterday when we checked into our hotel in Hershey we decided we needed to stay two nights. It is a good thing we did because this morning we did not wake up until 11:45 a.m. I do not think I have EVER slept that long. We ate lunch and then headed to Hershey World.


We first took a tour of Hershey and loved all the street lights. They were wrapped and unwrapped kisses. The ones downtown have beautiful flower baskets attached to the poles.


We saw a 3-D show with dancing candy bars. We felt the critters that came off the screen at our feet and we also felt water blown from above. I think our favorite was when we went to 'chocolate testing'. We did a wine tasting in Ashville, NC several years ago, but I think this was much better. We had to look at the color, listen to it break, smell the aroma, let it melt on our tongue, and decide what flavor we could taste. It was so much fun. We then took a ride through a model candy factory. We were given a piece of candy each place to went to. The store was delightful. I wish we could have bought lots of it but we were worried it would not survive the trip home.

This next picture is for Lincoln. He will know what I mean.

I promise Linwood did not buy or eat this candy bar - but he wanted to.


This is my favorite picture so far of our trip. I think it is great.





After we got back to the hotel after supper, we decided we needed to go to the indoor pool. Linwood wanted to check his email first so I read the paper while he did that. When I asked him if he was ready to go, he jumped up and said yes. Then he looked down and realized he only had his boxers on. Thank goodness we did not get out of the room, but we did have a good laugh.


Tomorrow our plan is the head out (early) for Lancaster, PA and then on to Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment