Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 13 & Day 14


Yesterday I was unable to get anything to login, therefore there was no blog. I will try to catch everyone up for the two days.


day 13: We spent our day at Williamsburg, VA. It was hotter today and the humidity was higher that we have had since our vacation started. I always wanted to see Williamsburg but I must say I was a little disappointed.



This is the state capitol building of Virginia when it was in Williamsburg

One of the houses we looked at was the carpenter house. You can also see the tool box.



We then watched "George Washington" give his Farewell Speech.


We then visited a wigmaker, a silversmith, and a blacksmith.



If our children could see us now!!!!


Day 14: Today we started at the Jamestown Settlement. This is run by the state. Everything is a replica of the way things were. The Indians were a major part of the first English settlement. Their huts looked like the following pictures.


The first settlers came over on three small boats. There were the three 'look alikes' at the pier. The largest one was called Susan Content.

This picture shows the type of roof used by the settlers.







The church tower is the only thing that is original at Historic Jamestowne. They date it in the 1680's



Tonight we are staying in Charlotte, NC. I did get some good news last night. My realtor called and told me we had an offer on my house in b'ham. Today, I called back and made a counter offer. Please wish us luck on the sell going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment